View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #3309
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Do you enjoy arguing?
  2. How much of your internet activity would you classify as "social"?
  3. Let's say you had no internet access at all for a month. How would this bother you?
1. Not really. Some would say I do it a lot, and that I'm pretty good at it, but it often feels like a lot of work. I think it's just my desire to speak out honestly about what makes sense to me, which isn't really something I do for sport so much as for greater understanding.
2. All of it. Even if it seems like I'm "passively" consuming media, there's always a person or a group of people it came from, so there is, by definition, a social exchange.
3. Well, since wireless internet is so ubiquitous in most urban areas, and since you didn't specify any kind of major disaster that would cause all the internets (hee hee) in a city to shut down, this would presuppose that I'm spending the month somewhere a tad more remote. That would mean some kind of vacation, because I'd pretty much be unable to work without some internet access, which wouldn't bother me if I was prepared and had my financial needs otherwise taken care of... and wasn't in the middle of a rather major game project like I am now. Really, I'd be bothered by the fact that I couldn't communicate on a regular basis with certain loved ones, but I'd like to hope I had something (or someone) interesting to occupy myself with in the meantime, so it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. How do you imagine people's "forum persona" would differ from how they are outside of it?
2. Is yours any different?
3. Are there any forum members who you would be interested to meet off of the forum, out of related curiosity?
1. I imagine most internet people being more awkward and withdrawn than their writing appears to suggest. Usually, I'm proven correct.
2. Not at all. Unless we know each other well and are in a comfortable situation, that is. Then, I'll happily talk your ear off.
3. I'd really like to see Lee in person again, because it's been way too long. Robert and Mory would be fun to hang out with as well. And if there was some kind of AG meetup happening somewhere within convenient travel distance from me, I'd go for poops and giggles.

---

1. About how many times in your life have you ridden on a plane?
2. Do you ever imagine people speaking their typos in real life?
3. Do you enjoy playing with bubble wrap?