Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #3301
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What, for you, makes the difference between loving someone and merely liking them?
2. Do you ever find yourself threatened by people you perceive as more popular/conventionally beautiful/socially accepted than you are, even if they've never done anything to hurt you personally?
3. Are there any works of fiction that you love, but have no problem admitting are flawed in some way?
1. A certain level of obsessive fascination that I don't really get with people I like or even have lustful feelings for. When every little thing they do is magic to me, I have to concede that I've fallen for them, warts and all.
2. A little, yeah. I've also still got baggage from my school years, where certain people that actually did hurt me or piss me off are still on my crap list.
3. Yeah, the works of Tom Robbins and of Richard Back are sentimental faves, but aren't for everyone, and I would have a hard time defending them now. I also think that the Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy is brilliant, but it's a pretty weird piece of work that sort of plays to the proto-hipster crowd. It's a bit smug and self-important, but fun.

I usually hate doing this, but I'm going to pass Deirdra's questions on to the next contestant. I'm going back to bed. It's too hot out here, and it's too early to turn on the AC, which is making me drowsy.