View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #3292
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Do you like poetry?
  2. Why?
  3. Which do you prefer- goofy poetry or serious poetry?
1. Some. I'm not a big poetry fan, but I dabble now and then.
2. Because well-written poetry has a certain flexibility of expression that is hard to find anywhere else in human endeavour. That said, I prefer song lyrics.
3. Serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Why are you important for humanity?
2. Name something you think everyone should do for humanity.
3. Why have you/haven't you done that?
1. Because no one writes as many lesbians and bisexuals in genre fiction as I do. No, just kidding. the reason I am important is that I have the access codes to all of the nukes, and I'm not afraid to use them. I can't be bribed, but boy howdy can I be seduced.
2. Practice procreation. A lot.
3. Well, I'm out of practice, but that's just the state of my current relationship. *sigh*

Quote:
  1. In parenting, where should the balance be between making children better people, and making children happy?
  2. If you had been made more constantly happy as a child, how would you be different today?
  3. Imagine that a perfect clone of you were raised in an entirely different environment, by totally different people. What character traits would you definitely share with that person?
1. If you're doing it right, your child should be happy while growing to be a good person.
2. I'd probably have bigger entitlement issues than I do now. Mind you, I'd probably be less insecure, and thus more accomplished.
3. A love of creativity and curvy women, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. You meet an attractive person of your preferred gender who's so much like you in so many respects, and understands you better than anyone else you've ever known ever has. You fall deeply and passionately in love. Then, you discover that you're siblings separated at birth. What do you do?
2. Did/do you enjoy being a student? If so, what made it enjoyable? If not, what could have made it enjoyable for you?
3. What, in your opinion, is the most effective way of disciplining a child?
1. *chuckles* Well, assuming we figure it out in time, I suppose we'd have to sit down and have the whole nine heads discussion. Then I guess we'd get sterilized and move to the country to live in sin. *looks around to see how many people shy away* Just kidding. Honestly, I'm sure that it wouldn't get that far. I've lived with the fear of dating my own sister for decades, based on my philandering father's wandering ways.

Still, you know what they say in the back country...
2. I didn't enjoy every facet of being a student, but it had its good points. I liked the concentrated focus on being creative. I liked the room to experiment. Real life doesn't afford me too many opportunities to just play and try out new ideas.

Oh yeah, and the girls...
3. Know what rules you plan on enforcing, and stick to the rules from start to finish. Children lose respect for parents who can't stick to their guns. If you're going to be flexible, do so infrequently, and as a reward for good behaviour.

Quote:
  1. Imagine a person who you'd break social conventions for.
  2. What sort of situation would you lie or deceive others for?
  3. What rule (self-imposed or otherwise) would you never break under any circumstance?
1. Okay, I'm imagining her. Now what?
2. When the truth simply can't make the situation better, I'll keep it to myself. I rarely actually lie. Omit, yes. Outright prevaricate, no.
3. I'll never abandon someone I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Which would hurt you more: if your partner left you for honest reasons, or if they stayed but lived a lie the whole time?
2. Which would hurt you more: if your partner told you they slept with someone else but didn't love them, or if they told you they loved someone else but didn't sleep with them?
3. Do you ever feel like you're still a kid trapped in an adult's body?
1. Hmmn. This sounds familiar. If Dawn wanted out, I'd rather she left than spared my feelings. That said, I don't think that's what we're talking about here, are we?
2. Neither. The only thing that would hurt would be if they told me they no longer love me.
3. Every. Damn. Day.

Quote:
  1. How often do you use e-mail?
  2. How often do you use social sites like blogs, Twitter or Facebook?
  3. Let's say there are ten people who ask you to get in contact with them, each by their own preferred internet service. Which one would you be most likely to get back to?
1. Daily. Sometimes several times a a day, when I'm doing work with/for someone out of town.
2. I blog once or twice a day on average. I also update my status on Facebook two or three times a day on average, except Saturday nights, when I post Youtube video links for about two to three hours straight.
3. Deirdra or Jenn. Everyone else could wait.

1) Do you mind if I don't ask any questions today? I don't seem to be getting the answers I'm looking for anyway.