View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #3892
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

The Girl Who Played with Fire

I was a little bit disappointed with this adaption; the second book is soooo much better in comparison. In some cases I found the story to be slightly better than the first (the novel, that is), but then on the other hand... not so. The first is great as it's an engrossing who-dunnit/murder mystery. The second one is as well, but its focus is mostly on Lisbeth, her past and organized crime.

The second novel is bigger and covers more ground compared to the first book, and that's where the movie adaption also slips. There's a lot of content missing and alterations that've been made. The story just doesn't feel as tightly knitted together like the first movie.

I dunno, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the first movie. The change of director is partially to blame as well, I think. And because the third in the trilogy is even bigger, I fear there'll be even more cut/missing from the movie.

Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour