Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #3274
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
  1. You get up one morning and everyone else has vanished. Everything else is unchanged (even the stuff that would normally require human supervision to operate, like power supply and television transmissions. Nothing that would require a human in view, like buses, though) What do you do?
  2. You are given a one time opportunity to influence the entire human population of the world. The instruction you can give can be no more than 20 words but will be obeyed by everyone (and can be ongoing, such as an instruction never to perform a specific act in future). What instruction do you give?
  3. What did you have for breakfast?
1. Panic.
2. "Do the Thriller dance."
3. Red Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Yes, but my pets don't like snuggling with me.
Clearly, you need new pets. I'd volunteer myself, but that'd probably get you in a lot of trouble.

Quote:
Now all sorts of people have heard my music, and as a consequence, I've gone back to novel writing.
Your music wasn't all that bad. You should've kept it up.

Quote:
3. Sing 'Travelin' Band' by CCR. The last time I did it, the whole building woke up. I'd like to see if I can repeat that experience fifteen years later. Barring that, I'd probably play 'Going Through the Motions', if I could remember it all.
That, I'd love to see/hear. On both counts.

Quote:
I don't play my musical instruments enough, because I stopped for so long that, every time I try to play now, I hear something so dreadful, it makes me stop again.

Quote:
1) Hwo gdoo rea yuo ta inpretrepgin grabdle txte?
2) Would any of you want to be a disc jockey, if you were allowed to play the music of your choice?
3) What is the most offensive (to your sensibilities) song you know that you nevertheless can't resist smiling or tapping your toe to?
1. Raednig eonuhg fo yuor wrtinig voer teh yaers ahs maed em bette rat ti, I htink.
2. Sure, at a public event like a wedding or something. People will either think I'm awesome or boo me off the stage. In either case, it sounds like it'd be a better one-time thing than a career move.
3. "Oh, you touch my tralala! Mmm, my ding ding dong!"

---

1. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but was otherwise attached to someone else?
2. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but wasn't ready for a serious relationship right now?
3. What would you do if, try as you might, you couldn't fall in love with anyone at all?