View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Believe it or not Dragon Age was a bigger comercial success than Mass Effect, so why change it to the same formula as Mass Effect?
Cool, I didn't know that. Of course, it does point out that Dragon Age was released across more platforms (mainly including a PS3 release that MEs lacked) but still, I didn't realise DA:O did so well, especially since I remember reading somewhere that it didn't perform greatly during its first few weeks on the shelves (can't seem to find the link though, I may remember wrong).

Also, the piece compares DA:O to ME 1 (if I understand correcly), while, I believe, it wasn't until the huge success of the second game that the ME franchise reached its full potential for the Bioware-EA executives.

Anyway, it seems that the "total convertion to ME" that has been shouted from forum rooftops for the last couple of days may not be completely true after all. Conversation wheel aside, the combat is said to have retained much of its initial qualities with the rumored changes being more heavily intoruced to the console versions in order to make them equally user-friendly this time around.

I admit getting minor chills when a visual style reminiscent of Samurai Jack was hinted at by some speculators, though...

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora