View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #1938
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, I'm much more addicted to Civ 4, now. It has so many options for technology that I can research that I get bogged down, and start it over again to do it "better". I don't forsee myself going past AD. lol And the beginning music is so corny, but it has Leonard F-ing Nemoy narrarating!! What can be better? lol

Has anyone played it and can tell me how to build a stupid fishing boat? I'm English, so I've already researched Fishing, and it says it should be built on water, but my worker won't go on the water. I use my worker, right?
Hey Fantasy.

Careful with Civ, when the addiction sets in it won't go and you'll find yourself unable to get away from it! (I am a fellow sufferer!)

Workers only farm and alter the land, to build boats you need a city on the coast and when you have discovered the relevant technologies you can build boats from the city (i.e. the same way you build units and buildings etc.) I think the one you want is called a work boat.

There is a lot to get the hang of at first but you can use the civilopedia (which you can get to at the top right of the screen) and search for units/buildings etc. which will tell you how to get them, i.e. what technology you need and what they do.

Have fun!