View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #63
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic View Post
HOWEVER, I'm a bit scared that they might go the same route as the Universal Studios BTTF ride with its ice-age and dinosaur era settings, that imho didn't have much to do with the movie trilogy I so love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
@*$&@(!!!!!

Now that you've mentioned that, I think that's exactly what they're going to do! Dammit....my expectations of this game have somewhat diminished.
In the Back to the Future movies the time traveling always ended up being personally motivated or character driven, done for personal or emotional reasons (or the time traveling would happen by mistake, but the way out of those situations was always character driven, with a light helping of lightning storm or out of control train at the end) and the intent is to keep that going in the game. The actual act of time traveling itself was always about spectacle (fire trails, the DeLorean covered in ice, etc), but the film never time traveled merely for the purpose of spectacle (flying past a dinosaur, etc) and neither is the Telltale game. That sort of thing, I think, isn't actually sustainably fun, and it's not really what Back to the Future is about.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens