Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #3239
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What do you think of the serial comma? (e.g. "this, this, and this" instead of "this, this and this")
2. Do you think it's possible to be a good writer if you don't have a good grasp of spelling and grammar?
3. Do you prefer languages where there's almost no room for ambiguity because there's a precise word for nearly everything, or languages that can be ambiguous to the point of confusion but have a lot more potential for wordplay?
1. It look weird.
2. It's possible to be great at making up worlds, characters and plots and so on without having a clue regarding spelling and grammar, but unless you have a really good editor I think I'll answer no. Spelling and grammar is important, because lack of them becomes big road blocks for the reader to overcome.
3. I like wordplay! (To the point of being ridiculous, as my co-workers will tell you.)

--

1. Strict rules or free improvisation?
2. When's the exception to that?
3. Favourite music you're unfamiliar with? (Yes, I realise that's an odd question.)