View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #3221
Squinky
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Did I miss anything?
You missed the fact that inexperienced women exist too, that putting off dating until one is older is actually better for some people, and that real human beings are so much more complicated than a set of generalised rules would make you expect. Of course, I'll concede that this is probably not the sort of thing Hammy wants (or perhaps needs) to hear right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) Do you prefer to ask questions that relate to your own interests, or do you prefer to ask questions based on stuff that you're not too sure about?
2) Do you prefer meeting people you've got some social element in common with (school, work, club, etc), or do you like meeting people in public at social events for the first time with no preconceived notions of what they might be like based on their social background?
3) Do you think Blu-Ray is really all that and a bag of chips, or are we just fooling ourselves into buying into yet another round of reissues leading up to the technology that actually will be with us for at least a few decades, the way television and the telephone (and home PCs) have been?
1. A little of both. I'm interested in a lot of things I'm not too sure about -- that's why I want to learn more about what other people think!
2. The former, because I can't actually, you know, talk to people otherwise. (unless a few people at the social event in question happen to be talking about something I know something about, anyway)
3. I don't have or particularly want a Blu-Ray player. My parents have one, and it's pretty, but not really worth the extra money to me and my far more limited budget.

---

1. Why do so many people lead less exciting lives when they get married and/or have children?
2. At what point in a relationship do you know it's time to end it?
3. Since dating is so fraught with pain and complications, why do people even bother?