View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #663
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
As much as I like the box art of GK1, the relevance of the dangling man is not immediately apparent. And how can the essence of the werewolfery in GK2 be captured in a pic of the skull of what is clearly a vampire...
About the GK1 cover: not only does the imagery immediately show up in the introduction, I also think that it underlies an important part of the story.
Spoiler:
It is the direct representation of the sin of one of the fathers mentioned, in the form of the redemption he sought after it.

You're right, the relevance is not immediately apparent, but does it have to? It is like the introductions of all GK games: it doesn't make sense immediately, but once you are in the game you start to realize what is going on, what it represents. The cover calls for the mystery of the hanging man to be solved, and it fits in with the game more than immediately clear.

As for GK2: vampires aren't the only ones with fangs And it represents (at least in my view) the thin line between being man and becoming beast, the transformation between the two, the shroud that makes you uncertein whether we are seeing man or beast. The facial expression may even represent the struggle against it. And it speaks again of a mystery, what does the cover represent, what does it mean? There is some sort of air of mysticism in the simplicity of the cover.

That shroud of mystery is a bit lacking in the gray matter cover bceause the images just seem to be too clear cut, too much directly representing what is in the game.