View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #42
skurken

Quote:
Originally Posted by So There View Post
Actually, it wasn't.

I understand all of you guys - Lucas Arts was the company that introduced so many innovative ideas into the genre, and it will remain forever in my heart, too, together with all the other nostalgic memories from my childhood.

But the company we talk about here does not exist any more.

Perhaps I am wrong at this, but... there ARE some other companies, as well as individuals, who keep that loom-o-monkey-islandish-full-throttloid spirit alive (Keregioz, feel free to quote me on this with yet another "No, there are not" ). And if we are not able to enjoy their work, it only means that we turned into grumpy 30-something years old grey-beards, forever enclosed within our own good-ol' war stories, remembering the times when the grass was green, the girls were pretty, and Monkey Island was THE ultimate adventure of all times.

On the other hand, my nephew thinks that Telltales' Sam and Max is WAY funnier than the old one... and who knows - he may even be right (I must admit that I share his opinion, despite the fact that the NEW series has somewhat UGLIER graphics.)

And please, before anything else - let us not complain about the lack of adventuring titles. Have a look at the driving simulations, or real-time strategy games - those are being published at an even more scarce rate, and their fans are not so inclined to bitching all the time as we (the adventurers) are. Adventures are not, nor will they be nowhere near in the future, dead.

In conclusion - adventure genre does NOT depend on a single company. If Lucas Arts' publishing politics has changed, well, fu ck them. I say we don't need them.
what he said.