View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Shivers
I'd only played one other Sierra game (to my current recollection) previous to Shivers, and as well, I was never big on horror stories of any kind, so I definitely didn't think I was going to enjoy Shivers when my buddies Gary and Wendy put it in the computer for me to try. I was amazed at how engrossed I became with the game in a relatively short period of time, and despite a somewhat frustrating GUI. To this day, it's one of my favourite adventure games, not least of which because of the amazing soundtrack... except the basement cavern music. I still can't listen to that track without getting all tensed up and agitated. I had to play that section with the sound off.

Myst was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't played any games of that nature before, and wasn't really all that interested when Gary handed me the box. I figure it took me all of two minutes alone with the game to get completely hooked, though.

And to be honest, I didn't think I'd enjoy Broken Sword pt. 1 as much as I did when I finally tried it on the Wii.

Sounds like I haven't had any pleasant surprises with modern games, does it? Well, I will admit that it's been a few years since I came across a game I hadn't read about beforehand, so it's a little hard for me to be truly surprised by an AG. Maybe I should take a chance on something I haven't already vetted, just to see if it works for me.