View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #3877
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I definetely could have done without so many boobs
I have a terrible urge to take that quote out of context somewhere.

Red Mist (Freakdog in US)
A group of medical students are partying with some recreational assistance "liberated" from the pharmacy. Unfortunately, Kenneth, the loner caretaker has caught their pharmacy activities on cameraphone and threatens to expose them. To get him on their side they make him part of their partying but inadvertently induce an epileptic fit that puts him in a coma. In a fit of remorse (never a good thing to have in a horror movie) one of the students uses an experimental drug on him to try to bring him out of the coma. This gives him the ability to temporarily take over others from within his coma to enact his grisly revenge.

The "psycho takes revenge on those who wronged him" story is a stock of horror films but it's handled really well here. The possession plot device means the police have no interest (never surprises me how incompetent the police are in looking for the typical slasher killer) because they know who committed the murders early on. There is also a brilliant scene in which the do-gooder, realising from various clues what her experimental drug has done, goes to kill Kenneth and is herself taken over. Cut to completely black scene with the sound of her panicking. She's in a body bag out (zipped from the inside fortunately) in the woods in her underwear. It is only in pieces that she finds out what her body has been doing in the interim.

Definitely a cut above the cookie cutter slasher flicks that Hollywood churns out.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree