View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
terhardp

In my case, definitely "The Lost Crown", as well as the other Boakes' games, including "Barrow Hill". I still haven't played "Dark Fall: The Journal", though.

I must admit that I usually "fall in love" with a new adventure game by looking at the screenshots. I remember when I've first seen pictures of TLC, they didn't looked promising to me. Also, I was somewhat sceptical, considering this was my first time playing the game from an idependent author. But I was so wrong (at least, in Boakes' case).

At the same time, I must say that the game from the same author was one of the bigger dissapointment among the adventures I've played recently. Namely, "Dark Fall: Lights Out". It just didn't hooked me. I've also tried the first "Dark Fall" game, but it's just not designed for the modern widescreen monitor. Luckily, I still have an older 15'' laptop, so I will try playing on that. I enjoyed "Dark Fall: Lost Souls", so I'm even more intrigued by the first DF game, because I've read many ravings about it, and how it's way better than "Lost Souls". Well, we'll see...
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III