View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
orient

I downloaded the demo yesterday without any prior knowledge of the game. I can't give any real game-play impressions because I didn't play it for long enough, but I can comment on a few things.

Firstly, I liked the actor's voice, but the delivery felt very expositional to me, like a narration, or someone telling someone else's story from a first person perspective. It didn't really feel like the person talking was in the room with me, so there was a slight disconnect there. I'm not sure if that was intentional? The dialogue was well written regardless.

I found the visual design of the game to be a big positive. Everything from the wallpaper pattern to the train posters on the wall looked very authentic. I like that you haven't went overboard with the art deco, but have just enough motifs to remind us of the period. I enjoyed the scratched overlay and I especially like the menus, being a big GUI junky.

The only reason I didn't play more was that I just don't like the first-person "slide-show" style of navigation. It feels very dated and I find it quite cumbersome and at times confusing. However, I know there is a dedicated group of people that still like it and I'm sure those people will enjoy your game a lot.

Lastly, I can't post about your game without saying that the logo (this one: http://www.xportmedia.co.uk/banners/nt_banner.gif) is missing something. Whether the font needs to be thicker to fill out the space within that green shape, or some decoration is needed for the same reason...it just looks very plain right now.

Please see this post as positive criticism. Honestly, if I thought your game was crap, I wouldn't have even bothered writing any feedback at all I think it has a lot of potential. Good luck!