View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 AM   #8
Little Writer

Hey Catnip, you're more upset about this than I am. Try to relax a bit; I know what you're feeling but I don't think you're making a difference here. Give it some time.

Yesterday I already tried everything in Laura's mail after finding those "solutions" all over the internet myself. This problem has occured many times before and several people reported the activation worked once that server came back online (yet why these companies still rely on Tages after all that, I can't understand; it certainly can't help their business).

I've never bought a game in this shop before, because I read about their copies of "Runaway" still relying on the Starforce protection. I have a store-bought copy of "Runaway", which ran fine for years, but I can no longer get past that protection ever since I got a new pc with Vista and nobody has been able to help with that, either.

I only made my purchase now because of the 50% off deal. I'd decided to give it a try; 3 euro 50 isn't a big loss. But like yourself, I probably won't buy anything here again. If the game had been available through Steam, I would've bought it there in the first place. I bought several games at Steam in the last year, without any problems running them whatsoever.

Now I've read that some games at Steam still have to go through a Tages activation as well, and that people have run into the same trouble we're facing now. So you can't just blame the store; it's the publisher that includes these things.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13