View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Telltale have done pretty well for themselves and their games keep improving with each new release. It's true that video game adaptions of movies (and vice versa) tend to suck, but... who knows?

I'm a bit more optimistic about these than today's usual movie/video game adaptions. These will be adventure games - a genre that focuses mainly on story - rather than the action/adventure game adaptions. They're either loosely based on the movies and/or they tend to take the more iconic and memorable scenes from the films and put them into the game.
You never know, these could be the modern day equivalent to Blade Runner. The only things I'm wondering about are: what's the graphics style going to be? Will they be serious or funny? And will some of the cast from the movies reprise their roles?
Judging from Wallace & Gromit, I think I've answered the last question. They may even be completely new characters. If that's true for Back to the Future, then... meh. It won't be Back to the Future without Marty or the Doc. I'm more curious about the first two questions, though. The graphics in Telltale's games are always cartoony and their games focus on humour.

Could these be Telltale's first serious games? I'm very curious how these games are gonna look, play and sound.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour