View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Luna Sevithiainen
Pixiehunter

I think the demo was chosen quite poorly, as you are missing a lot of chapters before, and therefore I think it may seem all a bit/pretty aimless. It's been a while since I played the demo (after finishing the game, so for me it was easy), but as I remember the part it is from, I also seem to remember that some puzzles just make less sense because you don't know the significance of, well, about everything. So I wouldn't call the game aimless just because of the demo.

It is true that TLJ has lods of dialogue. And with loads I mean loads. I think that would compare to GK1, which also has that. I do think GK1 was written better in these terms (like you say, the pacing is slow ni TLJ), it could be better, yet it does give you much background info into the game world, so if you have the patience to listen to all the conversations, it is definately worth it story-wise.

I can not compare TLJ to MI. MI is mostly a box of laughs. It is much more comedy driven than story driven, whereas in TLJ it is the opposite. Surely, TLJ has it's humour, but it is not the main factor. The story is. And it's a good, strong story. More towards GK, I guess, although to a lesser extent. Dreamfall's story is even stronger than the story in TLJ.

The puzzles, apart from a few in the first part (which does sound a bit like GK1 ) all making sense as I recall. The story drives the puzzles, so (at least in my experience) they make sense. And they are fairly easy (unlike MI2), apart from the aforementioned puzzles in the first few chapters.

So, conclusion: in it's aspects a bit like GK1 (although in my view GK1 is better than TLJ in all those aspects and of course the story is pretty different from GK) and a game that you should just give a go. If only for the story, which gets the chance to evolve very clearly because of all the background story you get in the many dialogues, and because of the fairly easiness of the puzzles.