View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
terhardp

I'm one of those who are big adventure games fans, but not a big fan of this game. First of all, I'm not a fan of fairytales and creatures (apart from Giger's Alien, of course). Also, I have played TLJ rather late: in 2004., if my memory serves me. That means that I've allready played many adventures which were graphically more appealing (mostly because they use more advanced graphic engine). But I can't deny the "epic" value of this game, and once I've given it a real chance, it pretty much sucked me into it's world.

The "longest" is one of the words that first comes to my mind when mentioning TLJ. Although I didn't compared it with the other games, I feel this is probably the longest adventure game I've played so far. I also must praise the characters which are wonderfully profiled, and the complex and intelligent dialogs. Voice-acting is also one of the strong points of this game. Almost all characters sound very convincing and memorable. The story itself IMO has ups and downs: sometimes you can't wait to see what will happen next, and sometimes it's just plain boring. The fans of emotional moments will also not be dissapointed; there are plenty of them in this game.

All in all, I think that every adventure gamer should play TLJ, because it's unique in many ways. But at the same time, not everyone should like it.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III