View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
booB
Junior Mint

Just as I've always said about the game... if you crave a well-told story, excellent dialogue, and deep and engaging characters, then this is a best-of-genre game. If you are a puzzle fanatic, or if you require modern-day graphics, then the game will not be for you. Contrary to what you have heard, the game is NOT aimless, and the conversations are not "slow-paced", but there *is* a lot of dialogue; it's called "character development", and it's something that most games don't even bother with. The puzzles did not strike me as being any sloppier than those in any other adventure game; I have never played an AG that had completely logical puzzles.

I have not played GK1 or MI2, but I thought MI1 was heavily overrated. It tried too hard to be funny -- by way of contrast, TLJ has tons of funny parts -- mostly dialogue-related -- which are made even funnier because it is not a comedy game. Also, I did not care at all about the characters in MI, whereas in TLJ I found myself either loving or hating most of the characters in the game. Lastly, MI is a cartoonish game, with a few "jokes" aimed at the older crowd, whereas TLJ is clearly aimed at adults (considering some of the language and character interactions).