View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Broken Sword: The Angel of Death

I was really looking forward to it - kept checking for updates on the Revolution forum and the official website - got it, played it and thought... meh. People kept bitching about BS3, but compared to that, this was/is the most disappointing in the series.

Barrow Hill

Read the positive review here, it sounded interesting and creepy, tried the demo, bought the full game, but after 2 full playthroughs I decided I didn't like it. Voice acting is poor, character animations are cheap, story is meh, and being stalked by floating stones is pretty ridiculous. It does have atmosphere though, I'll give it that.

Amber: Journey's Beyond

Again, read the praise it got here, tracked the game down on eBay, had to play it on my 98 system, and chugged through it with a walkthrough as I couldn't really get into it. I didn't find it scary nor entertaining to play.

The Last Express

1-frame-a-second animations were off-putting, working against the clock was frustrating, couldn't 'get into' the game world or characters, lack of inventory puzzles.

Simon the Sorcerer 3D

Poor 3D graphics and animations, poor story, some questionable puzzles, an empty and bland game world to run around in, humour the weakest in the series.

Syberia and Syberia II

The first one was merely alright, but the characters and narrative didn't do anything for me. The sequel was the least enjoyable.

The Neverhood

Plasticine animation is good and is humorous in places, but it's just puzzles with little-to-no dialogue or story. The game's back story involves having to read endless walls of text.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour