View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #47
SamandMax
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I put a couple of hours into this the other night and I'm enjoying it so far. They use a town as kind of an open world hub - or so it seems so far - and while it's incredibly basic, it's nice to at least have the illusion of being in a somewhat nonlinear world. The story continues right after the last game, although you definitely don't have to have played through the first game to get into this one, a 10-second recap of it at the beginning of this one pretty much points out how little actually happened plot-wise in it. The game brings back the same thinking mechanics where you have to underline important words in documents and then piece them together to make deductions. It's still a neat idea but it's just as clunky and frustrating as it was in the first game and there are many times where you know what you have to do but can't get it as exact as the game wants. It's still a fun game though, and I like the fact that they're trying to be a lot more ambitious this time around. They might not be able to quite pull it off but they come close enough to make it worth playing.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing