Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #116
Roman5

I finished it today, good fun! Yay, so it looks like there'll be a Black Mirror 3

I agree with various points here, particularly millenia. The difficulty setting of this game was pretty easy, BUT, just what I wanted after struggling through harder games like dracula path of the dragon, keepsake and even some of machinarium (all put on hold during BM2). It was never hard enough to get so stuck that I'd put the game down, I was able to complete the game over a week or so and feel satisfied similar to having watched a good movie.

I've been looking forward to black mirror 2 for a long time and it didn't disappoint. I think one of the reasons the first game had more atmosphere was because the voice acting was bad/stilted which in an odd sort of way gave it a creepier mood imo. Kinda like watching a really really old black and white horror movie like frankenstein or nosferatu where the acting is not good but it makes it very creepy.

The voice acting in this game is far and away some of the best I've ever heard in a game. Darren's voice actor is really good, very professional sounding, with lots of subtle nuances in the way he carries a line of dialogue.
Shame it was let down by some of the appalling english accents by presumably american actors sounding more like dick van dyke's british accent in mary poppins.Then again, I have no idea how someone like tim curry comes across to americans with his american accent in gabriel knight.

The ending is disappointing and abrupt as others mentioned, but the mention of "..to be continued" makes everything ok for me. Graphics are top notch, and it's so nice to play a point and click where you can actually change the resolution, so I was able to play in 1920 x 1080. I've got overclocked to play and having just loaded it and seen what it looks like, it's not as nice, there's no resolution settings. I do hope all adventure games from this point on cater for widescreen and high res gamers. Also, about angelina,

Spoiler:
All the way through the game I still expected her to be alive and to have a happy ending with darren. So for it to be her as the main enemy AND turning out to be his sister ( especially after a prolonged kiss with him earlier) was both a very clever story twist and also a shocking and somewhat sad turn of events