View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
Sketch

Thought provoking question....while there are many from the past, as far as this gen goes for the sake of a quick post before I dart off for a cuppa...

Oblivion - Stunning, open world with engaging quests and environments which I never tired of looking at. The game that drew me out of my apathy and onto the 360.

Hitman - Never having played the Thief games, this was my first foray into stealth action titles and I was blown away. The openess of the kills was like mana. Choosing my own path through the game, whether I wanted to just slaughter everyone with a pair of hedge clippers or find a more devious, subtle method had me hooked for a long time. Very replayable.

Mirror's Edge - It had me at that first, heart stopping leap. It took my breath away and never quite let me have it back. Usually I shun anything first person, unable to get on with them, but the concept and realisation of it were stunning. Sharp, clean rooftops, beautiful free flowing feel...I could go on forever. The sense of freedom and being plugged into an exciting new play experience was incredible....here's hoping that EA don't bork the sequel.