Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #109
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Well, back to the game itself.

4/5 for me. It is on the easy side but as an experiment still a great game and left me with good feelings. Not a new TLJ or anything but wouldn't be surprised if it stayed pretty high on the list of good adventures for this year. There are quite a few promising titles to come though...

All the negatives mentioned in the AG review and here are rather minor to me. I didn't think the character was too much of a jerk, I didn't think the ending was too rushed or bad in other ways and I didn't really find the puzzles tedious. The amount of backtracking is ridiculously minor compared to the first game. Of course adding a couple of delicious cutscenes and some brilliant puzzles could have surely pushed this game from goodness to greatness.

Twists once again were pretty seethrough (the first game was three-times-underlining-obvious to me) but they weren't completely cut in stone. Even though I had already thought about the scenarios in my head, the ending wasn't the only scenario I could play there. This time I think we got enough hints but had still some small room for other possibilities to be true also. And this was what kept me interested in playing it through.

BM2 is also gorgeous. I loved the locations, although in some places the restrictions to moving seemed a bit silly. The game was way smoother and friendlier to play than the first part. Main character also uses a nice journal. I just love journals . There's a diary for things that have happened and a hint section for your tasks. You have a possibility to get extra hints and use a puzzle skipper if you like to. They are hardly needed but can be a life saver if you just get stuck into one annoying spot.

Shortly:
-easy
-beautiful
-interesting story
-atmospheric