View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #3161
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. Art thou a cat or a dog person?
2. How do you feel about sideburns?
3. Which genre of music do you wish had never existed?
1. More of a cat person, really.
2. I have them, though mine aren't terribly pronounced.
3. I'm pretty open minded about music. I don't think there's a particular genre I'd like to see gone; just a certain level (or rather lack) of quality to the writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Are you a reasonably open-minded person?
  2. Can you give an example demonstrating this?
  3. What will you never ever be open-minded about?
1. I have my days.
2. I am almost finished playing the Strong Bad games, despite my initial feeling that they were pretty goofy looking.
3. Beets, lima beans, and Milli Vanilli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
1. What made you angry recently?
2. What made you smile?
3. Do you keep a regular pen and ink journal?
1. Angry? Not sure that's the right word, but I've gotten pretty fed up with certain people I deal with on a daily basis.
2. Something unusual I saw today while riding home on the bus, which I will not go into detail about, because it might not be considered polite, given the nature of the subject.
3. Not regularly, but I have taken to writing the occasional journal entry in the back of my latest writing notebook, whilst at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Which flowers do you like most? You can name several.
2. What would you like to happen today?
3. When do you feel happy?
1. I am, quite honestly, lousy with flowers. I know a few names, but I have no particular preferences. Yes, this is a serious problem at my age. Most of the women I know enjoy receiving flowers, and I have no capacity for giving them.
2. A nice, long conversation with a close friend of mine, I think.
3. Lately, I don't really feel happy at all. sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. How do you think humanity will have evolved a million years from now? Please offer multiple co-existing outcomes.
2. Which pathway would you want your genes to participate in bringing about?
3. Would we get along well with our descendents?
1. A million years from now, if we're not dust, we'll have cross-bred into so many sub-species that we won't even be recognizable as a single species.
2. I don't think I'm interested in contributing to our future gene pool, at least at this time, so my input isn't really valid.
3. I suspect not. We'll have a lot to answer for, after giving the world Will Farrell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. Would you rather be ruled by round balls of flesh or killer robots?
2. If you could change one thing you did in the last week (i.e. an act and not just something that happened to you) what would it be?
3. If you could have one luxury gadget/item right away that you wouldn't be able to afford or simply wouldn't spend the money on normally what would it be?
1. I already am ruled by round balls of flesh AND killer robots, so really, what's the difference?
2. I would have said hello to the young lady who came to apply/audition for my job at work.
3. Cintiq tablet.

1) What would you say to someone you find attractive, who is trying to apply for your job?
2) What would you say to your employer about their accepting applications to replace you?
3) Which would you rather do: a) keep working at a job you've come to hate, and that is making you into a complete and utter basketcase, knowing that the money you're making still isn't really enough to solve your financial problems, but also knowing that being employed is about the only thing keeping your wife happy with you at the moment?
or b) stay home and write novels whilst collecting disability insurance (which you are fully entitled to), which you know won't give you enough to afford everything you and your wife have come to require on a monthly basis, but knowing at least that your expenses will come down when you're not buying bus passes and the occasional fast food lunch or dinner because you were too tired to prepare something at home?

(And yes, I am aware that choice c) is use whatever spare time I have to find a new job. Great idea. Too bad I can't seem to find any. Time, that is. Except for right now. Right now, I have time. but I'm about to install a video card that may or may not make my system go 'boink', so we'll see what happens after that.)