Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #3160
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. How do you think humanity will have evolved a million years from now? Please offer multiple co-existing outcomes.
2. Which pathway would you want your genes to participate in bringing about?
3. Would we get along well with our descendents?
1. To be honest I seriously doubt there will be any form of humanity left! For the purposes of the question though I think humans will evolve into two separate groups (sort of H.G. Wells time machine-esq). One group will descend from the office worker/"hardcore" gamer/lazy(!) who will have taken increasingly less exercise and therefore evolved away their legs and become big round balls (flat at the base though) of flesh who do everything electronically.

The second group will be descended from the more active and those who do physical jobs who will be adonis like in physique and looks with anything deviating from the norm aborted during pregnancy or senselessly slaughtered thereafter.

Which will be the ruling class? The out of control robots of course!

2. In terms of my answer to 1 i'm all for the robots!

3. They would kill us immediately!

1. Would you rather be ruled by round balls of flesh or killer robots?

2. If you could change one thing you did in the last week (i.e. an act and not just something that happened to you) what would it be?

3. If you could have one luxury gadget/item right away that you wouldn't be able to afford or simply wouldn't spend the money on normally what would it be?