View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #59
Erpy

Quote:
Ok, I re-read original post and have few questions:

Since you said "digital signatures were lost and no physical contracts sent, who is to be blame?

How was C&D from VU revoked in the first place?
Document or by email?

Again if the blame doesn't fall on VU and Activision then I don't know!
You're not making a great deal of sense to me and I think you're confusing two things. It doesn't matter if the C&D from VU was revoked by mail, letter or phone call. Presumably a phone call. But those contracts have nothing to do with a C&D. When VU in 2005 agreed with POS to let them continue under a fan license, the C&D was revoked and procedures were started to construct said fan license. It turns out communication errors affected the results of these procedures negatively.

If you really, really want to blame people, both VU and POS messed up to some degree but I find it very difficult to believe either party did so on purpose.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to make of these figures.
I didn't either. $25,000 is what I expected a license to cost, not a franchise. Seeing that owning a franchise allows you to make money off the sales of existing games, license it out to third parties and start an unlimited amount of projects based on the IP, I expected a franchise that is as well-known as KQ to be at least a million dollar or so. But I could have been mistaken.