Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #3154
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I suppose that's the next best thing to having a pinup poster of you on my ceiling. Or, well, the real thing. *dreamy sigh*
*grins* That makes my day.
Quote:
3. Seeing you struggling with it, I figure it's a real pain in the ass, but I also often wonder if it's at least in part responsible for the aspects of your personality I like.
Probably, but it's hard to say if I wouldn't have at least some of my more interesting traits without the illness. *sigh*
Quote:
When you're feeling upset about something, do you feel better when your friends...
1. ...tell you stories about when they went through something similar?
2. ...give you advice on what you can do to fix/improve things?
3. ...give you hugs?
I usually get (1), I tend to think I need (2), but really, I'd much rather have (3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
1. If you could transform at will into any animal, which one would you choose to be?
2. What kinds of tasks do you put off doing until they seem insurmountable?
3. If you could be granted one small pleasure right this minute, what would it be?
1. A Platypus, because really, then i wouldn't have to explain myself. Seriously, who questions a platypus?
2. My job.
3. *chuckles* Sorry, there are minors present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Do you know someone who is in constant pain?
2. Do you know someone with a serious physical handicap?
3. Do you know someone who is about to die?
1) I'm not close to him, but there's a musician I know here in town who has Morkio Syndrome, and is in a pretty good deal of constant pain because of it, I gather.
2. See 1. also, my brother is mentally handicapped.
3. I'm not aware of anyone close to me dying at the moment. My Uncle Pat came pretty close recently. Come to think of it, he's probably in a good deal of discomfort right now, given the amount of surgery he's had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. When was the last time you took a day off work/school due to illness and what was wrong with you? Or are you the sort of person who soldiers on through adversity generously sharing your germs with your workmates?!
2. Have you ever taken a day off work/school pretending to be ill and why?
3. Do you know someone who is about to be born? Or I suppose someone who is about to give birth?
1. Yesterday I slept in with a headache until early afternoon, and then freaked out and refused to call in sick. miraculously, I'm still employed.
2. I've rarely ever blown off work without a pretty legitimate reason, but there have been days when that reason was largely psychological. Now, I used to ditch school a fair bit in my day, but it's been a long time since I was in school.
3. I'm not aware if anyone close to me is pregnant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What was the best job you had so far?
2. What was the worst job you had so far?
3. What is the coolest thing you have done in one of your jobs until now?
1. Freelance Graphic Design, closely followed by full time writing. When I get published, the writing thing will slip into the number one slot with a bullet.
2. Working in a print shop, followed closely by working in a tool repair shop. I really must give up on this idea that i can work for people in the customer service industry.
3. I've written two novels and drawn one ashcan comicbook, and helped write and/or design for a number of video games with/for Deirdra.
Quote:
1. Describe the best manager/supervisor/mentor you've ever had at a job.
2. Describe the best teacher you've ever had at school.
3. Describe the best advice you've ever been given on how to live your life.
1. Jeff Alexander at my first after school job at Little Caesar's Pizzeria. Not monumental, but he helped me to develop my work ethic for the first twenty years.
2. Rick Kowalchuk, without a doubt the coolest art teacher I ever had. I miss that guy, and wish I'd gotten together with him for a beer.
3. A freelance professional animator told me almost twenty five years ago that the secret is to never say you can't do a job; take the job first, and then go figure out how it's done. This line of reasoning gets me in a lot of trouble these days, but it's been a constant in my life.

1) Is it lucky when missing a day of work doesn't lose you the job you're basically dying to leave?
2) Is it stupid to get upset over a mistake you failed to catch in someone else's work until after it's printed?
3) Is it weird that the first thing our kitten does when I come in soaking wet is rub up against my feet for five minutes straight?