View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #78
gray pierce

[QUOTE=Intrepid Homoludens;548109]
Quote:
LOL! Why are you apologizing for contradicting someone else's opinion?
Because that other person is David Cage and you can't argue with the person who made those games can you? Of course it's also a possibility Hannes manipulated his words to make us believe he said that. But I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Fahrenheit is listed on the Adventure Gamer site, for one thing. Furthermore, that's the point I made earlier. You could argue that a certain game is categorically an adventure game just as someone else could also argue it is not. Again, whose definition are we working with? And on what authority is that definition based?
Same answer applies here as well. If David Cage says it's not an AG it's not.

Quote:
As for Cage's games being the direction that adventure games will take, again I say that's a rather risky proposal. Which is why I say that his games are ONE VERY GOOD DIRECTION the genre can take out of many different directions. Who has the absolute authority to arbitrate what an adventure game is supposed to be, period? Certainly not your or me, and certainly not Hannes, either. If anything, it should ultimately be a matter of what kind of game we individually want to play without imposing our opinions on the genre as a whole and demanding that developers do this or that.
I think the designer has the right to decide whether his game is an AG or not
Quote:
Let the developers do what they want and if we don't like it we have the choice to play something else.
Very wise words, I wish our world leaders were like that