View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #75
gray pierce

[QUOTE=Hannes;547985]
Quote:
It's one thing to ignore the obviously deluded and fanatic groups, but the fact is that both sides do have a valid point. Ignoring one group as a whole is not only generalizing and immature, it also alienates a part of your fan base. I don't think that's what they want. Even though financial success is crucial, I'm sure respect in the industry is as important. People constantly preaching against games like Heavy Rain are as fanatic as those who think all adventures should be like that.

To people who hate David Cage for making games like Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain: Don't. He himself has said that neither of the games are adventure, nor were they ever meant to be. When I emailed him 5 years ago, he told me the marketing team is the one to blame for this mislabel. He's just making games he wants to make. If you want someone to target, start with adventure game websites and people who call either one of these games adventure.
Ow this hurts! Sorry for saying Fahrenheit's an AG. I just thought so because in my opinion AGs are mainly focussed on the story with usually lots of puzzles. Allthough the puzzles in Fahrenheit are of a different nature than we're used to I'd still call them puzzles. Thus it's falls under my criteria for an AG. Sorry David my mistake

Quote:
To people who keep saying David Cage is the future of ags... Move on. It's not going to happen.
Guess I won't be taking David Cage out for a drink anytime soon. Sorry there too I just kind of think that's the direction AGs should be taking. As long as there's still room for the traditional ones too.

Really sorry, foot in mouth