View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #71
cbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
Eh, Uru was awful and so was Dreamfall. If that was the future of "adventure games", it would essentially be dead to me. I also have 0 interest in console games. I play for puzzles, not video game stories, which even at their best, pale compared to a good book or good sci fi tv.
Completely agree with you.

Some people just refuse to accept that a large part of the Adventure game audience are people who play few, if any, other computer games. BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THEM. Hybrid games are not the future! I guess a tumour could be considered a brain 'develoment' but that doesn't make it the ideal future model for the human brain!

I am not a purist or a fanatic; i'm open to anything that will make a good adventure game, traditional or not. For example, i thought that the non-traditional isomatric viewpoint used in Sanitarium was brilliant (sure, the movement was awkward but that could easilly be ironed out) and I don't know why more people didn't go with it. At the same time 'a good adventure game' is my sole criteria. I don't care about innovation for its own sake.

Keep adventure games what they are but just make them better. An idea so simple that even I can come up with it.