View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #588
Lupin The Third

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I actually played Still Life on the original XBox. Started it on an analog TV, then about halfway through I acquired an HDTV and proceeded from there. I had a difficult time reading the text, as it was originally done for low res screens for the console.

Regardless, I enjoy the game and was able to kick my feet up, sit back, and just work the controller interface.

It would be awesome to have more adventure game developers and publishers invest resources in bringing more games to consoles and do heavy marketing for it accordingly. I would definitely support it as a consumer.

Gray Matter is gonna look amazing in high res on large HDTV screens!
Same here. I played Still Life and both Syberias on Xbox 1 and loved them. I even went and bought Syberia for PC after wards just to have it available on another format (though it's still sealed). I was hoping Still Life 2 would get a console port but after the reviews I lost interest in playing it at all. And Monkey Island totally disproved the assertion that a good control scheme can't be designed for consoles that stays true to the PC version. I wish Grey Matter for 360 was using a similar system rather than the highlighting system they're touting. Which give me shivers to think that it may work like Wallace & Grommit's....ughhh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
I'll write to whoever in charge, developer or distributer, and demand a ps3 version. They said they want to reach a broader audience then why not release the game on all platforms? They can just get another company to do the port if they don't know how to do one. Anyway I wonder if different versions have different prices? Will the 360 version have a regular price tag of $59.99?
I agree that a $60 price tag would be crazy, for either version. I doubt writing to the dev will make a difference. The fact that there's any console version is surprising and given the developer's small size I doubt they could handle a third version right now. But perhaps there will be a PS3 version after release. In all likelyhood they probably chose the 360 first due to the fact that it's universally considered to be a very easy machine to work with and less intensive to design for than the PS3. Just a guess mind you, but while a company like Squaresoft or Activision has the resources to learn how to properly use the PS3 hardware a small AG developer might have a much more difficult time. Or maybe they felt it was a better fit for them in terms of the software library...who knows? It would be interesting to know.