View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #45
darthmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisssunwell View Post
The difference being that these are professional qualifications which allot of intelligent people bother to obtain, on the other hand not that many need Myst in their CV. Anyhow, I hardly think Myst compares to a Medicine Degree or a PhD.

Publications in science journals do exactly that. There are quite a few people that do this in academia & research industry. This is a challenging task and by definition requires original thought. AGs are like crosswords & sudoku, if you consider crosswords to be intellectually challenging, then what can I say, I suppose you may as well label AGs as such.

Video games are not challenging, they're just yet another way to spend one's free time having fun.
If videogames are not challenging, then again, you should have no problem beating RHEM. Repeating "they are not challenging" does nothing to validate your claim. Saying they are "boring" does nothing to validate your claim.

You can "hardly" think it compares to getting a phd, but yet millions get PHDs. How about we use your boring=no challenge argument. I find going to school boring, so it is not challenging.