View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #40
imisssunwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
If a few thousand people around the world have beaten a game, it isn't an intellectual challenge?

Using that argument, becoming a doctor isn't an intellectual challenge. 100s of millions around the world have done it. Same goes for getting a PHD, etc.
The difference being that these are professional qualifications which allot of intelligent people bother to obtain, on the other hand not that many need Myst in their CV. Anyhow, I hardly think Myst compares to a Medicine Degree or a PhD.

Quote:
That pretty much discounts everything in the world as an intellectual challenge unless you actually make a new discovery for the human race. Good luck with that.
Publications in science journals do exactly that. There are quite a few people that do this in academia & research industry. This is a challenging task and by definition requires original thought. AGs are like crosswords & sudoku, if you consider crosswords to be intellectually challenging, then what can I say, I suppose you may as well label AGs as such.

Quote:
So, you are saying you could beat RHEM without resorting to walkthroughs? You consider the game challengeless?
Video games are not challenging, they're just yet another way to spend one's free time having fun.