View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #30
dekaneas297

So Sughly what you are trying to say is that there is a favorable trend towards AGs?

If that's the case, you can't really tell. Amanita or Jacques l'aliéné may have hundreds or thousands contacts related to Machinarium (or any game), but if we don't have post-contact behavior data, it means nothing. It's like what happens in surveys where they ask you "Are you willing to try our X product?". Such a survey may gather thousands of "Yes" in the above question, but post data may never show it (sales). Also, even if post survey data show it, it may be for a short time. What I am saying is that in order to identify a trend you need two things: post data and large time scale.

Theoretically you may say anything about a trend but technically you can't say much because of lack of data. Personally and theoretically, I don't see a trend from non Adventure gamers in buying an AG or becoming a regular Adventure gamer. There may a trend in curiosity about AGs ("let's take a look what this is about"), but I think it's small, temporary and fluctuating over time.

Last edited by dekaneas297; 05-02-2010 at 06:43 PM.