View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
mgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I won't consider AGs on the rise until more of them are made in realtime 3D with direct controls and released on consoles. AG makers have to show me they are ready to embrace the present and work towards making games that look to the future rather than be stuck in the past (2D Point-n-click).
Here here! I personally don't care about consoles because I don't own one, however I understand the appeal of them and the only way to get the AG genre into the "mainstream" is to release more games on the various consoles. Having said that however, Beacon is right. 2D point and click, with static backgrounds are going the way of the dodo. Nothing wrong with them, and I think there will always be games made that appeal to people that like them.

I do however think AG's need to start pushing the envelope. Heavy Rain is a start, and I think games like Indigo, Dreamfall, Penumbra series, and Dreamfall are a good thing. But for the genre to thrive again, it needs to step into the present and start utilizing the technology available in todays market.