View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #3843
Denaron
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
On your recommendation (and because you mentioned Asperger's Syndrome) I watched Mary and Max. I did find it incredibly offensive, but because it was so dramatic, original and well-animated I have to admit that (on its own terms) it is an excellent movie.

But please understand that this is not what Asperger's Syndrome is like, and that this movie is made by someone who does not understand Asperger's Syndrome. It is not a disability, it is not something you "suffer from", it doesn't mean that we're as downright stupid and ignorant as this character is, and it certainly doesn't mean we can't feel emotions. [sigh] I kind of wish normal people would quit telling stories about us. They're always so condescending.
I'm so sorry dude, I didn't mean to offend anyone. As you said, I think it's very original and the clay thing gives a special touch to the story, different than any animation I've ever seen before.

About the Asperger's Syndrome. I would apreciate if you recommend a good movie or book for me to understand this better.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 04-25-2010 at 07:53 AM.