View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Ciaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Is the old LucasArts style important (and which style would that be - DOTT, Full Throttle and The Dig all have different styles, unless you consider the low resolution of the graphics the defining feature you want), or would you be interested in other styles?
The LucasArts style is not that important, to be honest. I would be interested in other styles. It depends on what the artist comes up with, of course.

Quote:
What's the scope of the game? (Approximately.) I.e. how much work are we talking about?
First of all, I should explain that the engine is my own work: part of the reason I decided to do this was to gain more programming experience.

The engine itself isn't finished because I don't have any images with which to build it with. For example, I can't code a character speaking and with text appearing on the screen if I don't have a character animated for speaking. (I probably could with some placeholder image, but it would be better to do it with a proper character).

So I'd like to do enough for a small tech demo of the game: say roughly ten scenes, a few items, and about four walking, talking characters.

Quote:
Do you have a planned schedule?
Timewise, no. But the goal for me now is to finish the engine around the tech demo, which should encompass the almost all of the engine's functionality.

Thanks for the questions Trumgottist. I hope my answers were of some use.