View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Brickadier General

Default Selling Limited Edition Quest for Glory II Remake Poster to help fund trip to China

Hello,
I'm new to the forums and I don't like to make this my first post but, well, I just wanted to get the word out there. I love adventure games, and Quest for Glory was my favorite series. So when the folks at AGDInteractive began packaging QFG II posters with Al Emmo, I knew I had to have one. But now I am in need of money for a teach abroad program. I'll be going to China on my own grand adventure, so I was hoping that auctioning this off would help me out quite a bit, especially since they were made in very limited supply. Although they are numbered out of 1,000, I read that a little more than 500 were actually made (of course, eBay won't let me change this info on the auction anymore).
Here is a link to the listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

I started the bidding off at $50 but soon changed it to $1, as I figured this would help generate more interest; I thought wrong. Four days later, and the bidding is only up to $3.25, and I feel like an idiot. The people bidding on it have large eBay stores, too, so I know what will likely happen should they win the poster at a low price; They will resell it at a ridiculous-ass triple digit price, as they will likely be the only eBay seller offering it at any given time. I would rather sell this to someone who wants it for the long haul and can truly appreciate it. Of course, I realize that down the road they may need to sell it for whatever reason. But I'd rather that happen than to look on eBay in the coming weeks to see the poster again at an incredibly jacked up price.

So if you are interested in this, please watch the listing and take a chance on it. It has more personal value to me, and definitely should have a greater monetary value than a measly $3.25. You'll also be helping me with my trip to China, and I can't thank anyone enough for that. If you have any questions, please send me a message. Thanks!

Matt