View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
gray pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Jazz View Post
I really want to go and see that one, seems like a very good movie. It has received very nice reviews here in Sweden so I definitely think it will be worth the money

"Shutter Island" seems to me, a perfect story for an adventure game. I thought so when I read the book and I thought so even more after I'd seen the fantastic movie adaption.
Can't help to think that "Overclocked - A history of violence" was more than a little inspired by Lehane's masterpiece of a thriller, so in a way "Shutter Island" already has its adventure game equivalent.
20th of May, then it's coming out in our little shithole. But L-Jazz since you're from Sweden I think you're gonna be dissapointed. Sweden produces the best thrillers ever! No way Polanski's gonna top that!

And yes "Overclocked" is "Shutter Island" reworked. I played that game just after I saw the movie (though I love the Kenzie/Genarro series by Lehane I haven't read the novel) and it's very similar. From the assylum itself to the storm, even down to some of the plottwists. Still love the game to pieces though. One of the best games in recent years no doubt!

Last edited by gray pierce; 04-17-2010 at 04:36 PM.