Thread: Anna's Room
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
Sughly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Oh wow, this sounds awesome! I love the look of the protagonist, and the first few lines about the plot hooked me already. A dark take on the Brothers' Grimm, I'm definetely there. Can't wait to see more and eventually play! Out of reference, have you seen/read any of the adult takes on fairy tales? I'm thinking of "10th Kingdom" when I ask this, etc.

Anyway, it looks really good, and I'm actually quite excited about this! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Thanks so much for the enthusiasm Fantasy!

Looking at 10th Kingdom I feel quite bad to say I haven't seen it, and would also say I probably have a much less grounded knowledge of the fantasy world in comparison to you . I'm really drawing inspiration from the very basic ideas behind the Grimm tales, using notions of their folk tale storytelling through character (evil stepmother-like woman, innocent child protagonist), the sense of fear that always pervades the protagonist's story, and even narration in intro and ending cinematics that hopefully represent that Grimm style. That being said, I do want to keep it light with black comedy and allow Anna to make light of the situation.

I think your help could be potentially huge through feedback on things like character, dialogue and setting as the game progresses too and I'd be sure to bounce ideas off you when I can. Thanks again Fantasy!

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance