View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #9
gray pierce

Quote:
Lastly, there are a lot of good TV shows and small films that would really benefit from having an ‘adventure game’ tie-in. The British dinosaur series, Primeval, would make an excellent game. Giant Slug Monsters in the Subway, Velociraptor’s in the shopping mall..etc etc. The premise of the show is simple; ancient dinosaurs invade our time, through portals, and a funky team must track them using gadgets, and send them (without violence) back to their own time. It’s no exactly Turok, but it would make a super adventure game. In terms of production, I would need a small team, some financial backing from a dedicated publisher, and the permission of the rights owners. I see myself creating larger titles, just like that. It would be so much fun, and would make a change from ghosts!
Oh my goodness that would be awesome! I love that show and adapted by JB would be pure heaven! Really hope he'll push though with this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Yeah, like Ragnar Tornquist did.
What makes those people screw up some (almost) perfect games in sequels?
Ragnar Thornquist? What's wrong with what Ragnar Thornquist did? I think Dreamfall is one of the rare examples where you can say the sequal exceeded the original. I mean characters in Dreamfall were much more rounded than in TLJ. Dialogues felt much more compelling and of course a much more epic storyline. Don't get me wrong I love TLJ but Dreamfall's the better one in my book. The only thing I think Thornquist did wrong with the sequal was end on a cliffhanger and let us wait for years (if not eternity) for the inevitable third installment.

Last edited by gray pierce; 04-14-2010 at 03:05 AM.