View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #302
potan

Here is my feedback after playing the demo:

- The art is really awesome. Love the painted background & the painted character too.
- I love it how i can skip cutscene/cinematic & dialog.
- I like the Hotspot hint when you press space (although i would prefer if they leave it on for a couple seconds or until i press space again, so i don't have to keep pressing space again and again, but that's my nitpick minor concern).

- Slightly annoyed with Sadwick voice for the first couple minutes, but then i kind of ignore him since i read faster before he finish his talk.

- Inventory background is nicely painted, but since everything has brownish color, the inventory is a bit hard to see, sometimes it blends in with the background.
I think they should put a black outline or something to distinguish item from the background, or maybe a glow... or change the inventory bag into a grey'ish/more muted color to make the item stand out more.

- Also i personally thought they shouldn't give too many inventory stuff in the early part of the game, because if i'm stuck, than it means i have to do more thinking & more trial and error on a bunch of inventory item, instead of let say 5 items on my inventory max.

- Some of the puzzle is a bit too hard for me to figure out myself,
i "personally" think they should give more hint (either through Sadwick dialog / from the npc), but maybe they just want to make it more challenging for the hardcore adventure gamer, so i can somewhat understand why they keep it this way, but still it annoys me a little bit though.

in the end, i have to consult a google translated german walkthrough
I'm stuck at this puzzle and have to use walkthrough:
Spoiler:

- You have to enter the door from the opposite way to enter Shana house
(would be nice if Rock Brothers hinting / talk a little bit about this)

- You have to use fish bone for the Hour Clock hand
(would be nice if Sadwick said something about a missing hour clock and he
should find a replacement for it)

- I never think about checking the tasklist note on "do a Sleeping Giant a favor", got the note at early part of the game and totally forgot that i have it on my inventory also kidna forgot about Bruno too. (would be nice if Sadwick hinting something about this also)

Nevertheless i will get this game when it's released