View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 08:05 PM   #18
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

But, but, but.....that's true of Infernal Machine. Considering the goal of LucasArts to this time give as total an Indiana Jones experience as possible, Emperor's Tomb pretty much renders its predecessors pale. ET's pacing, you have to admit, is closest and most faithful to the Indy movies - action followed by more action, furious globetrotting, traps upon traps, cliffhanging last minute rescues. I'm talking conceptually. For me personally I'd rather experience it this way than as a pure traditional adventure game with a lot of slow paced puzzles and only a couple of action sequences (again, it doesn't mean I think the other games suck, this is just stating my preference). This has mainly to do with my experience of the Indy Jones world through the movies, what I loved most about them.

On that note, I think I'll go back and reload and play that boss battle b/t Indy and Kai's two twin bitches. BRB....
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien