View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Da_Duke2000

Default Forge: Loom Sequel (Tech Demo Released)

While I moderately feel like a leech for this being my first post, this is something I wanted to share, and i couldn't think of a better place to hear some honest feedback from.

We Bring You:

About three years back I was much to naive to the world of AGS and Game Making and the effort involved. So I took some time and refined my ideas, and slowly understood the process. Since then, I have worked with some great people, (most notibly Abisso from the AGS forums) who has helped myself and the team bring life to the story.

We at Quill O' The Wisp (our team name), are continuing the story of the Age of the Great Guilds. A time and place where Chaos has been unleashed to the Inside and a small handful of people, each from a unique Guild have the power to stop it. One such character is Rusty, a young Blacksmith first introduced in LOOM.

Through the story of FORGE, Rusty will need to find his way back to the surface, after falling through the earth and into Sable Shaft, home of the Guild of Miners. Dodging encounters with the horrific Dead Ones, Rusty will use the fabled Blacksmith Gauntlets to unleash powerful Schematics through a legendary Drawing technique.

A completed game and a planned release will vary on additional assistance. But realistically we are looking for a Fall 2011 launch, with the team we have now. To anyone (especially BG artists and spriters) that want to lend a hand. Please contact myself, we would love to hear from you.

Note: This game is FREEWARE

We are in active development and have launched our new website and forum.

Home Page
Quill O' The Wisp - Forge Page

Demo Download link:
Download here

[email protected]

Progress:
Story: 25 %
Sprites: 10 %
Backgrounds: 20 %
Music: 10 %
Voice Acting: 0 %
Scripting: 5 %

About the Demo
The Demo will Start with a Loom recap and then move into some Forge Screen shots with a description of the initial plot. To replay the preview, you can do so from the Tapestry Selection. To learn about the new GUI, use the Tutorial. And to play with the GUI freehand, enter the Mini Game section.

We will update with new Demo Versions as the need arises.

Thanks to everyone for their efforts in the release of this Tech Demo.

Screenshots!