View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:52 AM   #3799
haptsonir
BSC, SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
On a side-note, why are young(er) actors nowadays so... just so bland? I mean, completely uncharismatic, gray, just flat. Sure there are exceptions, like the girl who played Juno and a couple others, mainly more towards comedy, but then for each of them there's a bunch of the Passionate (shirtless) Wolf-boys, the Prison break -fellows, Transformer kids... All those people, actors completely because of their (mainly annoying to me, but apparently appealing to some) looks?

I mean, you can see it in their eyes. There's not really anything there.

Bradd Pitt probably got so famous because of his looks, but he's also a charismatic and simply good actor. When has that lost its importance?

That is all.

BTW, saw Lemony Snickett a while back. Amazing work from Jim Carrey, all those roles... Also, really gorgeous end-credits. The movie was quite good, but it had so much more potential.
People will lap up whatever they're given, whatever they're told to like. The easier to digest, the better. It's the same way with music, games, culture, everyday life - people are undiscerning and go for the quick fix because they have grown up and become saturated with that stuff and don't know any better.

Last edited by haptsonir; 03-20-2010 at 05:09 AM.