View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #3795
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Alice in Wonderland

It was ok and that was a dissapointment.

Tim Burton and Alice is a match made in heaven, but it lacked something that I can't quite put my finger on. Not enough Burton and too much Disney I would supect.

There were touches of him in there (Crossing the moat of heads), but there was also some really annoying parts, like Ann Hathaways floaty performance as the White Queen.

Johnny Depp was also a mis-step. His performance was suitably over the top, but that was a very hit and miss Scottish Accent.

Everything about the film was mediocre and I expected excellence. Not as bad as Planet of the Apes, but it was no Edward Scissorhands.

*Sigh*

From Paris with Love

From the people that brought you Taxi and Transporter.

Jeeez has John Travolta been putting on the beef. It was bad enough in the not all that funny "Old Dogs" with Robin Williams, but in this we are suppossed to believe he is a hot shot secret agent.

If this farce was supposed to be funny it would have hit all the right marks, but unfotunatly I think it was supposed to be serious.

At least in Transporter I could believe that the main star is capable of these feats.

LOL