View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #207
Little Writer

Finished chapter 4, so I'm ready to go.

A very interesting chapter, and perhaps even the longest in the game?

I never skip movies, the only thing I might miss is a line of dialogue when I'm already clicking something on screen when I think the character has already finished speaking. Can be equally maddening.

Georg Emmerding is played by Brad Greenquist, who has quite a long resumé as well but I saw him first in "Pet Sematary" as Victor Pascow.

You meet so many extra characters in this chapter. That museum lady is Rosemarie Belden. Turns out she's an artist.

Joseph Dallmeier is Michael Laren, who played a choir singer in "Angels & Demons".

Professor Barclay is Stephen Stavast, an oil painter with his own studio gallery.

Thomas Chaphill is Chris Tennant; don't know anything about him, but I find his "change of heart" a bit weird as well - I guess they just needed an extra puzzle in there.

It's peculiar how many places you visit in the game change over time, and only at the right moment will contain something you need to move on, even though there's no particular reason why you'd go look there again. The lily is one example, and even though the flower is mentioned all over the place in the museum, I think many people will miss it. Also the Ludwig book: you already checked the library, you called Barclay for help, so why would you check the shelves again? And where did that book suddenly come from, anyway? Did it appear "magically", like the fax?

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13